- View all newss
- Hivemind Selected for UK Investment Association’s "Velocity" FinTech Accelerator
Hivemind Selected for UK Investment Association’s "Velocity" FinTech Accelerator
Hivemind is pleased to announce that it is one of just five companies to be selected for the inaugural cohort of Velocity, a six month FinTech accelerator programme run by the UK Investment Association (IA). Velocity will provide Hivemind with effective mentorship and collaboration opportunities, as well as exposure to the IA’s 250 member organisations managing £7.7 trillion of assets.
Hivemind Selected for UK Investment Association’s “Velocity” FinTech Accelerator
London - 9th October 2018
Hivemind, the data science and technology company specialised in tools for turning unstructured sources into valuable data assets, announces its inclusion in the inaugural cohort for Velocity, a six month FinTech accelerator programme run by the UK Investment Association (IA).
Velocity’s first cohort consists of just five companies, each selected from more than 30 applicants based on their use of innovative technology with the potential to improve all aspects of an asset manager’s operations.
Velocity will provide Hivemind with effective mentorship and collaboration opportunities, as well as exposure to the IA’s 250 member organisations managing £7.7 trillion of assets.
Keith Phillips, Director for Membership & Enterprise at the Investment Association said:
“We are extremely pleased to welcome Hivemind as part of the first Velocity cohort. During the competitive selection process, Hivemind’s technology stood out as having the potential to play a leading role in driving innovation across the buy-side. We look forward to working with Hivemind to bring the benefits of their technology to the asset management industry.”
Dan Mitchell, co-founder and CEO of Hivemind comments:
“There’s a huge amount of value for asset managers, whether quants or fundamental investors, in unstructured data such as annual reports, regulatory filings, news articles, blogs, social media posts and so on. But it’s really tough to work with these sorts of sources in a flexible and accurate way. At Hivemind we’ve developed tools that can help organisations of any size do just that. We’re delighted to have been selected for the inaugural Velocity programme and are very excited to be working with the IA members to bring the benefits of our software to asset managers.”
Hivemind Technologies Ltd:
Dan Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com
The Investment Association:
Helen Ayres, Media Relations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
T: +44 20 7269 4620
Hivemind is a data science and technology company building tools that unlock transformative insights contained in unstructured data. Our cloud-based platform breaks down previously intractable problems into bite-sized tasks that can be solved either computationally or by distributed human intelligence. Our software reorganises and cuts down on tedious manual data work, liberating our customers to spend more time on analysis and gaining new data-driven insights.
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK asset management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £7.7 trillion of assets and employ around 100,000 people across the UK. Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:<
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs. The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 35% of all assets managed in Europe.